How can I help my child accomplish a goal?

Michele Borba
Write your child’s goal on paper and tack it up on the refrigerator or bulletin board. Tell your child each time he works towards his goals, you’ll mark the effort on the paper. Stickers or gummed stars are always colorful incentives for younger children to stick onto the page to check their progress. Point out the improvements and say: “Look how much closer you’re getting to your goal!” Helping our kids see their goal progress motivates them to keep on trying.

Encourage tweens and teens to take a photo of their goal using their cell phone then keep it as a screen saver to remind them of their intention.

Continue Learning about Teaching Responsibilities To A School Age Child

How can I help my child figure out how to accomplish his goal?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Once your child identifies his resolution or goal he needs to think through the steps to success...
How can I help my kids understand how to manage money?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Take your child to work. Show your daughter how you balance your checkbook. Explain how you are ...
How can giving an allowance help my kids manage money?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
One of the best ways for kids to learn to manage money and keep a budget is by giving allowances...
How can I help my child set appropriate goals?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
First-time goal-setters need to see some immediate success. Have your child set a goal that can ...