How can I help my kids understand how to manage money?

Michele Borba
Take your child to work. Show your daughter how you balance your checkbook. Explain how you are setting up a list of what you plan to buy for the holidays before you walk into the story. Talk to your son how your credit rating is checked before purchasing that car. Show your kids the household bills so they know how much electricity, gas, water, phone and cable cost. You don’t need to reveal your income or savings but you should use real opportunities to help your child understand money. Look for those everyday examples to demonstrate smart spending habits.

Continue Learning about Teaching Responsibilities To A School Age Child

How can I help my kids learn to manage a budget?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
From the time your child can write and count, give him some kind of a simple recording book to k...
How can I help my child figure out how to accomplish his goal?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Once your child identifies his resolution or goal he needs to think through the steps to success...
How can I help my child accomplish a goal?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Write your child’s goal on paper and tack it up on the refrigerator or bulletin board. Tell your...
How can I help my child plan for a successful volunteer session?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Help your child plan for successful volunteer sessions as follows: Suppose your child is tutoring a ...