What is a healthy recipe for a detox tea?

Kimberly Snyder
A healthy recipe for a detox tea to give the body a daily boost includes hot water, ginger root, cayenne pepper and lemon. In this video, I will explain the benefits of this mixture, and the proper way to make the tea.
Detox Tea

Boil 4 to 5 cups of water in the morning.

Add 1/2 teaspoon of the following seeds to the water and continue to let it boil for about 5 minutes with the lid on:
  • Whole cumin seeds
  • Whole coriander seeds
  • Whole fennel seeds
Strain out the seeds and pour the liquid into a thermos. The key is to make the tea fresh every morning, place it in a thermos and take small sips of it throughout the day. It is best to drink it warm or hot. If the tea is too strong or if you experience some initial discomfort, reduce the amount of seeds to 1/4 teaspoon for 2 weeks and then increase it back to 1/2 teaspoon.

Continue Learning about Tea & Health

Do This for 5 Minutes, Get 5 Years Younger
Here's a pleasant little pastime that takes about 5 minutes to do each day but could make you up to 5 years younger if you're faithful to it: drinking...
Can drinking tea speed up metabolism?
Drinking a certain type of tea can give your metabolism a quick boost, especially if you drink i...
Can I drink tea if I'm trying to avoid caffeine?
Because they come from the same plant, most teas (including green teas) have some form of caffei...
What Are the Health Benefits of White Tea?