What is the best way to store green tea?

Green tea needs to be kept away from heat, light, air, and moisture. The best way to store it is at room temperature in an airtight tea canister. Unlike coffee, you cannot wrap it up and put it in the freezer. Green tea will lose its flavor and scent quickly if stored in fancy, purely decorative tea containers or kept near a heat source, such as a stove or next to the toaster in your kitchen. A double walled stainless steel tea tin is the best way to keep your green tea fresh for up to a year.

Continue Learning about Tea & Health

Tai Chi and Green Tea Benefits Include Improved Bone Health
Tea and exercise lovers, rejoice. If you look to the East, you'll give your bones a boost. A recent study suggests that combining green tea with tai ...
How can drinking tea help me burn more calories?
Three types of tea can help your body burn fat. In this video, Dr. Oz reveals the kinds that work. ...
What effect can green tea have on my health?
Among the health benefits of green tea is that it reduces irritation in the body. Watch the vid...
What Are the Health Benefits of White Tea?