What are the benefits of Enviga green tea launched by Coca-Cola?

Enviga contains green tea polyphenols, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and caffeine. According to their researcher at Coca-Cola, “the accumulated body of scientific research shows the ability of green tea's powerful antioxidant EGCG to speed up metabolism and increase energy use, especially when combined with caffeine.” Unfortunately that didn't fly with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Coca-Cola and Nestle started marketing Enviga as a weight loss aid and claimed it contained negative calories. In 2007 the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) filed a lawsuit against the makers of Enviga for making fraudulent claims. It was found that the research provided by Coco-Cola was radically over-the-top and poorly performed.

Continue Learning about Tea & Health

Sip Black Tea to Lower Parkinson's Risk
Sip Black Tea to Lower Parkinson's Risk
Tea time. What better way to give your body and mind a little breather? But if you choose a certain color of tea, you may really do your brain a favor...
Can I drink tea if I'm trying to avoid caffeine?
Because they come from the same plant, most teas (including green teas) have some form of caffei...
Is green tea good for poor circulation?
Green tea is a smart-food loaded with vitamin-like phytochemicals and will not hurt your circulation...
What Are the Health Benefits of Drinking Matcha Green Tea?