Are all herbal teas healthy?

Interest in herbal teas has been rising for those seeking alternatives to caffeinated beverages, as well as those hoping for added health benefits. However, not enough research has been done on herbal teas, so there aren't many facts on added health benefits.

In fact, many herbal teas aren't what they appear. Many are simply tea leaves with added herbs and fruit juice, honey, sweeteners or other flavor extracts. And some herbal teas aren't even teas at all, but rather are infusions made with herbs, flowers, roots, spices or various other parts of plants.

Continue Learning about Tea & Health

Iced Teas May Be Better Than Hot
Iced Teas May Be Better Than Hot
If you take your tea cool in the summertime, you may be doing your throat a favor. Research shows that temperature could matter when it comes to the ...
What is the difference between green tea and black tea?
Both green and black tea come from the same plant, camellia sinensis, a shade-grown shrub. After...
Why should I avoid making my own herbal teas?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Because of the potential harmful effects of herbal teas, be careful about using herbs to make yo...
What Are the Health Benefits of White Tea?