What medications can change my sense of taste?

Some medications can cause a bitter or metallic taste or affect the ability to taste. Among them are cardiovascular agents, central nervous system stimulants, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, respiratory inhalants and smoking cessation products such as nicotine skin patches.

Continue Learning about Taste & The Nervous System

What increases my risk for hypogeusia?
Risk factors for hypogeusia include heavy smoking, dehydration, and the use of some prescription dru...
Is anything wrong if my hypogeusia has no apparent cause?
Hypogeusia is usually the result of allergies, infections, smoking, or dehydration. If you experienc...
Is it normal to have an enlarged taste bud on my tongue?
Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about taste buds.  
How is sensitivity to taste measured?
Taste sensitivity depends on the number of taste receptors on taste buds and the number of taste bud...