What's the safest way to lose weight as a teen?

Teenage males and females wishing to lose weight should do so slowly, and under the supervision of a professional to avoid issues with eating disorders. The best way to start is to eat a healthy diet; lean protein/beans, complex carbohydrates, plenty of fruits and vegetables, and limiting sugars and fats. For some guidelines, visit www.myplate.gov.

It is also important for teenagers to get daily exercise. Often the activities in PE class aren't enough, and students who don't participate in sports can be left with limited choices. Seek out a certified personal trainer with experience working with youth, go for a daily walk, dance around in your room, or any other activity that gets your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes 5-7 times per week. With these simple changes you will be forming good habits that will provide a lifetime of healthful living.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

How does nicotine gum work for teens?
Nicotine gum can do the same thing as the patch. Pop a piece and chew until you get a peppery taste,...
As a teen, how can I fall asleep faster?
Try one of these recommended remedies:• Rub a little lavender essential oil into your skin.• Drink s...
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?