As a teen, how can I tell if I'm overweight?

During the teen years, your weight and height both increase—and not always at the same pace. One way to tell whether you're becoming overweight or just going through normal teen growth is to look online for the BMI Percentile Calculator for Child and Teen. This measure shows what's normal based on age and gender. If your BMI tells you that you're overweight, you may want to talk to your doctor. However, you don't need a special chart to tell you that it's a good idea to eat more fruits, vegetables and whole grains and less fast food, and get more exercise, including walking. Developing healthy habits now is a good foundation for life.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

How can I treat sprains and bruises with essential oils if I'm a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
You can use aromatherapy essential oils in compresses for muscle sprains or bruises. Simply soak...
As a teen, what is the best homemade facial to try?
Homemade facials are as effective as the ingredients within it. In this video, Dr. Oz makes a si...
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?