As a teen, how can I tell if I'm overweight?

During the teen years, your weight and height both increase—and not always at the same pace. One way to tell whether you're becoming overweight or just going through normal teen growth is to look online for the BMI Percentile Calculator for Child and Teen. This measure shows what's normal based on age and gender. If your BMI tells you that you're overweight, you may want to talk to your doctor. However, you don't need a special chart to tell you that it's a good idea to eat more fruits, vegetables and whole grains and less fast food, and get more exercise, including walking. Developing healthy habits now is a good foundation for life.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

As a teen, should I douche?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
It is not recommended than any woman should douche. Douching is rinsing out the inside of the vagina...
Why should I straighten my teeth?
The main reason to have your teeth straightened is that it’s harder to keep crooked teeth clean, whi...
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?