How much sunscreen should I put on?

You really need 1 to 2 ounces of sunscreen (about the size of an egg or a Ping-Pong ball) to cover your whole body. Because you’ll use a lot of it, cheaper is often better. Tip: A bottle of sunscreen ought not to last longer than a week on your next beach vacation.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

As a teen girl, what should I know about Pap smears?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
A Pap smear is a test that looks for changes in the cells of the cervix that, if left untreated, cou...
As a teen, what can I do if I can't fall asleep?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
There are several things that you can do if you cannot fall asleep:Make sure you get plenty of exerc...
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?