How can I keep from getting athlete's foot as a teenager?

Proper care of your feet is important in preventing athlete's foot. You should do the following to provide the best opportunity for the prevention of athlete's foot:

• Wear clean socks for every practice. These should be different from the socks you wore throughout the day.
  • Wash and dry your feet after practice or games. Keeping them clean and dry will decrease the risk of getting athlete's foot.
  • Wear shower shoes. These can be flip-flops or any open type shower shoe. These should be also allowed to fully dry daily.
  • Don't wear socks to bed. Allow your feet to breathe naturally during the night. 

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

What types of cosmetics should I use to keep my skin healthy?
Look for products that list an active ingredient and a particular concentration. Vitamins and supp...
As a teen girl, how can I find a bra that fits right and doesn't pinch me?
Margaret Scherrer Margaret Scherrer
I have learned over the years that bra fittings by a professional in a bra store is the best way to ...
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?