As a teen, should I worry about testicular cancer?

Yes. Testicular cancer occurs in men of all ages, but is the most common cancer among men aged 15-34. By checking your testicles frequently, you will be the first person to notice any changes that may take place. If you have a family history of testicular cancer, you should ask your doctor about starting your monthly self-checks and doctor visits at 15 years or even earlier. Here's a guide that will help you learn how to touch your testicles http://selfchec.org/main/self-checks/cancers/testicular-cancer/. It will help you get over the embarrassment you might initially feel. 
Ellen Rome, MD
Pediatrics
Testicular cancer is more common in teens than you might think. In this video, Drs. Roizen, Rome, and Oz discuss what to look and feel for when self-examining your testicles.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

When should teens get the flu shot?
Teens should get the flu shot as soon as it's available in their community. Flu season typically run...
How can teenagers get enough sleep?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
Here are a few tips to help get started: Identify a bedtime that allows at least 8 hours of slee...
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?