As a teen, should I worry about testicular cancer?

Yes. Testicular cancer occurs in men of all ages, but is the most common cancer among men aged 15-34. By checking your testicles frequently, you will be the first person to notice any changes that may take place. If you have a family history of testicular cancer, you should ask your doctor about starting your monthly self-checks and doctor visits at 15 years or even earlier. Here's a guide that will help you learn how to touch your testicles http://selfchec.org/main/self-checks/cancers/testicular-cancer/. It will help you get over the embarrassment you might initially feel. 
Ellen Rome, MD
Pediatrics
Testicular cancer is more common in teens than you might think. In this video, Drs. Roizen, Rome, and Oz discuss what to look and feel for when self-examining your testicles.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

What side effects can steroids cause?
James Everett, NASM Elite TrainerJames Everett, NASM Elite Trainer
Steroids are synthetic hormones that mimic androgens produced in the body. Testosterone in particula...
What can my teen do about her body odor besides frequent bathing?
Body odor that persists after regular bathing can be related to stomach bacteria. In this video,...
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?