Should I be worried about getting toxic shock syndrome?

If you take precautions to avoid the risks for toxic shock syndrome, there is no reason to worry greatly about getting this rare condition. However, you should be mindful of the causes (prolonged tampon use, infection after surgery, etc.) and symptoms (confusion, headaches, nausea and vomiting, and others). If you experience the symptoms, seek immediate medical attention.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

Do secondary bacterial infections affect children differently?
Secondary bacterial infections may affect children differently than adults. As a child develops,...
What are the symptoms of subdural empyema?
The symptoms of subdural empyema may include headache, fever, blurred vision, confusion, nausea, vom...
What are the symptoms of vestibular neuronitis?
The most prominent symptom of vestibular neuronitis is dizziness, or vertigo. Usually, people suffer...
Should I talk to my doctor about listeriosis?
Most people who suffer from listeriosis have their symptoms go away on their own in about a week wit...