What are the symptoms of typhus?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Symptoms of typhus are similar to symptoms of the flu. A person who contracts typhus may have a fever, headaches, and feel generally achy and weak. After a few days a rash may develop. In more extreme cases, a person may also have a cough or digestive problems such as vomiting or diarrhea.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

Should I talk to my doctor about my diphtheria symptoms?
Yes. If you suspect you have diphtheria, you could be experiencing problems that require immediate a...
How should I prepare for my doctor's appointment for diphtheria?
Before visiting the office, call your doctor to find out whether or not you should go directly t...
What are the symptoms of subdural empyema?
The symptoms of subdural empyema may include headache, fever, blurred vision, confusion, nausea, vom...
What are the symptoms of Elizabethkingia?
An Elizabethkingia infection usually causes severe symptoms and makes people feel very sick. The sym...