What are the complications of subdural empyema?

Subdural empyema is a serious condition that can spread quickly if left untreated. Possible complications may include:Blood clots in the brain.

• Brain abscess: a collection of pus in the brain.
  • Seizures.
  • Excess fluid in the brain.
  • Increased pressure inside the skull.Infection in parts of the skull.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

How common is diphtheria?
Before the vaccination was developed, diphtheria was one of the top killers among children. Acco...
Should I talk to my doctor about my toxic shock syndrome symptoms?
You should seek medical help immediately if you suspect you may have toxic shock syndrome. Do not tr...
Should I talk to my doctor about my erysipelas symptoms?
If you are experiencing the rash and fever associated with erysipelas, you should talk to your docto...
What are the symptoms of diphtheria?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Diptheria produces a thick membrane over the back of the throat. It can eventually lead to breathing...