Should I talk to my doctor about my erysipelas symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you are experiencing the rash and fever associated with erysipelas, you should talk to your doctor right away. Erysipelas is treatable and can be eliminated completely with antibiotics. The sooner you go to a doctor, the sooner you can begin treatment. If you don't receive treatment, there is also the chance that your erysipelas will spread to your blood, which is a much more dangerous and serious condition.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

Does diphtheria affect children differently than adults?
Diphtheria does not discriminate. It affects children and adults in the same manner. They exhibi...
What are the symptoms of toxic shock syndrome?
A person experiencing toxic shock syndrome may develop a drop in blood pressure, a high fever, diarr...
How do other illnesses affect bacterial oral infections?
Rather than being a standalone illness, bacterial oral infection is a symptom or defining trait of m...
Should I talk to a doctor if I have symptoms of typhoid fever?
You should definitely talk to your doctor right away if you have any symptoms of typhoid fever. This...