Should I talk to my doctor about listeriosis?

Most people who suffer from listeriosis have their symptoms go away on their own in about a week without seeing a doctor. This is especially fortunate, as listeriosis symptoms mimic the symptoms of the flu and many people don't realize when they're infected. But if you start experiencing more severe symptoms like a high fever or stiffness in your neck, you should see a doctor right away, because they could be signs of a dangerous complication. If you're a pregnant woman, you may want to see a doctor even if you're experiencing the mild symptoms, as listeriosis is very dangerous to you and your unborn child.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

How should I prepare for my doctor's appointment for diphtheria?
Before visiting the office, call your doctor to find out whether or not you should go directly t...
Should I talk to my doctor about cellulitis symptoms?
If you have symptoms of cellulitis (redness, swelling, heat, and soreness in a limited area), you sh...
Should I talk to my doctor about my typhus symptoms?
If you think you may have contracted typhus, you need to tell your doctor as soon as possible. The e...
How do other illnesses affect bacterial oral infections?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
In health, the bacteria in the mouth are kept in balance. Whenever there is a systemic disease, this...