How should I prepare for my doctor's appointment for diphtheria?

Before visiting the office, call your doctor to find out whether or not you should go directly to the hospital. In the event that you are instructed to come into the office, be sure that prior to your appointment you ask if there are any limitations to adhere to such as separating yourself from others while waiting. Remember, diphtheria is contagious and you do not want to be a risk to the people around you.

Regarding details that the doctor will need, be sure you arrive to the office with the following information: a list of your symptoms and how long you have had them; in what ways you may have recently been exposed to diphtheria; an up-to-date record of your immunizations; your medical history; and any questions you may have for your physician.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

How common is diphtheria?
Before the vaccination was developed, diphtheria was one of the top killers among children. Acco...
Should I talk to my doctor about vestibular neuronitis symptoms?
If you notice symptoms of vestibular neuronitis, you should talk to your doctor right away. In some ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my bacterial infection symptoms?
Always talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms that may be an indication of a bacterial...
Is anything wrong if my child's breathing has a squeaky sound?
High-pitched squeaky breathing is one of the symptoms of tracheitis. Other symptoms include a deep c...