How common is diphtheria?

Before the vaccination was developed, diphtheria was one of the top killers among children. According to the CDC, since 2003 there have been no confirmed cases of diphtheria in the U.S. However, in other parts of the world (countries with weaker health systems or third-world countries) diphtheria is common.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

How common is cat scratch disease?
Cat scratch disease (CSD) is very common, with over 22,000 cases reported in the United States e...
Do secondary bacterial infections affect children differently?
Secondary bacterial infections may affect children differently than adults. As a child develops,...
Should I talk to my doctor about listeriosis?
Most people who suffer from listeriosis have their symptoms go away on their own in about a week wit...
Can a doctor help secondary bacterial infection symptoms?
If you are experiencing symptoms that could be caused by secondary bacterial infections, you sho...