How common is diphtheria?

Before the vaccination was developed, diphtheria was one of the top killers among children. According to the CDC, since 2003 there have been no confirmed cases of diphtheria in the U.S. However, in other parts of the world (countries with weaker health systems or third-world countries) diphtheria is common.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

Is listeriosis serious?
The severity of listeriosis depends on who you are. If you are an otherwise healthy adult who become...
Should I talk to my doctor about listeriosis?
Most people who suffer from listeriosis have their symptoms go away on their own in about a week wit...
What are the symptoms of Elizabethkingia?
An Elizabethkingia infection usually causes severe symptoms and makes people feel very sick. The sym...
What are the symptoms of epidemic typhus?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Symptoms of epidemic typhus typically include loss of appetite, headache, a rapid rise in temperatur...