Can flesh-eating bacteria have any complications?

The necrotizing fasciitis caused by flesh-eating bacteria can have very serious complications. The infection spreads very quickly and causes more and more extensive tissue damage until it is treated. Since surgically removing dead tissue from the infection is part of treatment, the more extensive damage is, the more that will have to be removed; extensive scarring, disfigurement, or amputation of arms or legs may be necessary. Due to the severe nature of a flesh-eating bacteria infection, it may be fatal.

Continue Learning about Symptoms Of Bacterial Infections

Should I talk to my doctor about my bacterial oral infection symptoms?
Yes, talk to your doctor about your bacterial oral infection symptoms, because these usually require...
Do secondary bacterial infections affect children differently?
Secondary bacterial infections may affect children differently than adults. As a child develops,...
How should I prepare for my doctor's appointment for diphtheria?
Before visiting the office, call your doctor to find out whether or not you should go directly t...
Is listeriosis serious?
The severity of listeriosis depends on who you are. If you are an otherwise healthy adult who become...