How do other illnesses affect swine flu?

Chronic diseases, such as diabetes, lung disease, heart disease, or kidney problems, increase your risk of getting swine flu (H1N1) and of developing complications. Illnesses that require you to be on medications that suppress the immune system also increase your risk, as do diseases that affect the immune system such as HIV.

Continue Learning about H1N1 (Swine Flu)

Am I at high risk of H1N1 flu if I have a kidney disease?
The flu is very contagious, and people are at risk for catching it whether they're healthy or ha...
How should I care for someone with swine flu?
If someone in your care has swine flu (H1N1), you need to make sure that he or she gets enough r...
What steps should I take to prevent the spread of H1N1 flu?
To prevent the spread of H1N1, or swine flu, take these steps:Get a flu shot.Cough or sneeze into ...
What is swine flu?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
"Swine flu" is the original name given to the flu virus that began circulating the world in 2009. Th...