What are the long-term consequences of having a stroke at a young age?

The most pressing long-term consequence of a stroke at a young age includes having to live a longer period of time with the disabilities, both physical and behavioral, that were caused by the original stroke event. Younger and healthier patients should be able to bounce back more quickly and make a complete recovery if the stroke is caught in time to treat it successfully. The symptoms of stroke are not dependent on age.

Continue Learning about Surviving Cancer and Other Diseases

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Social Network Connects Those Affected by Cancer
"Aloha" may be the perfect word to summarize my initiation into the cancer world. As soon as I heard the words, “you have cancer,” I said goodbye to t...
How are survivors of radiation poisoning treated?
Survivors of radiation poisoning remain at increased risk for physical and mental health problems. C...
Why is it important to share my cancer survivorship story?
Kelly Turner, PhDKelly Turner, PhD
It's important that cancer survivors share their stories not only because it's emotionally cathartic...
Sharing Care - Beauty and the Beast - Lauren's Story