Who is not a candidate for surgery in a doctor's office?

There may be times when a person is not a good candidate to have surgery in a doctor's office. For example, people with severe chronic diseases like heart conditions, lung problems or diabetes may be referred to a hospital or outpatient surgical center where their specific medical conditions can be managed better.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Busting Organ Donation Myths
Busting Organ Donation Myths
This summer Jeni Stepien walked down the aisle in Swissvale, PA, arm-in-arm with the man whose life was saved 10 years ago by her murdered father’s do...
What should I know before I have surgery?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
As with any type of medical procedure, surgery patients often have a lot of questions for their doct...
Who can be treated through video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS)?
The Medical Center of AuroraThe Medical Center of Aurora
VATS is useful for everything from biopsies to lung lobectomies.
What's the Best Time of Day for Surgery?