What should I do if I miss a doctor appointment before my child's surgery?

The parent who couldn't be at a visit with the doctor before his or her child's surgery should contact the pediatric surgeon, so that he or she has a full opportunity to ask questions, review the issues, and have concerns addressed. The day of surgery is usually not the best time to have a full discussion with the surgeon—parents don't have the opportunity to "digest" the information they are given.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Busting Organ Donation Myths
Busting Organ Donation Myths
This summer Jeni Stepien walked down the aisle in Swissvale, PA, arm-in-arm with the man whose life was saved 10 years ago by her murdered father’s do...
What happens during the pre-operative phase before lung surgery?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
The pre-operative period before lung surgery includes tests on lung and cardiac function. Your age m...
Are there procedures when a patient is not under general anesthesia?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
Not using general anesthesia is limited to minimally invasive procedures that rely on sedation and l...
What's the Best Time of Day for Surgery?