What are the benefits of prehabilitation?

Prehabilitation may be of benefit to people with poor physical fitness by improving postoperative recovery and post-discharge functional survival. Prehabilitation has the potential to reduce the risk and potentially avoid postoperative cognitive dysfunction (POCD).

Prehabilitation includes a combination of exercise training, education and social support intended to improve people's physical and psychological readiness for surgery.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Who is a good candidate for the MitraClip procedure?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
The MitraClip procedure is indicated for patients who are considered high risk for open-heart surger...
How do I prepare for a Wada test if I have diabetes?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
The following are special instructions for taking the Wada test (a routine procedure for patient...
What is endoscopic mucosal resection?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Our surgeons treat patients with very early esophageal cancer with endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR...
How serious is numbness as a reason for spine surgery?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
Numbness itself isn't a serious reason for spine surgery. However, it should be evaluated by a medic...