What are the advantages of robotic surgery for the surgeon?

Robot-assisted surgery takes the standing and pressure off the surgeon, so surgeon fatigue is no longer a factor. The surgeon is more comfortable performing an operation, especially surgeries that may take up to five hours. Avoiding surgeon fatigue makes the process better for the patient.

A much better view of the abdominal cavity is a major advantage of robotic surgery.

The benefits of robotic-assisted surgery offer flexibility to do fine movements.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

What You Need to Know About Anesthesia
What You Need to Know About Anesthesia
If you’re planning to undergo surgery or a medical procedure in the near future, you probably have questions. People often wonder if their procedure w...
What is the process when I have an operation in the hospital?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
The process of having an operation in the hospital involves several steps: Upon arrival at the ho...
What instruments are used in robotic-assisted surgery?
Dr. Justin D. Harmon, DODr. Justin D. Harmon, DO
In robotic-assisted surgery, the robot uses instruments that include a fine set of scissors and diff...
What Factors Should I Consider When Having Multiple Plastic Surgeries?