Where is the doctor located during robotic surgery?

During robotic procedures, the surgeon begins at the operating table to position the camera and robotic appendages appropriately. Once these devices are ready, the surgeon sits at a console, located inside the operating room, from which the robot is controlled. There is usually a surgical assistant at the bedside who makes adjustments to the camera or surgical tools as required by the surgeon.

The doctor is at the operating room table during robotic surgery for portions of the entire procedure.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Tips to Help You Prepare for Surgery
Tips to Help You Prepare for Surgery
According to sports psychologist John Murray, PhD., the more success an athlete has achieved, the more likely it is that he or she will experience dep...
What are the benefits of minimally invasive surgery?
Dr. David A. Greuner, MDDr. David A. Greuner, MD
The main benefit of minimally invasive surgery is that it allows patients to address conditions much...
How can I manage pain after anorectal surgery?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Your pain management in the hospital after an anorectal surgery will consist of regional anesthesia ...
What Factors Should I Consider When Having Multiple Plastic Surgeries?