Where is the doctor located during robotic surgery?

During robotic procedures, the surgeon begins at the operating table to position the camera and robotic appendages appropriately. Once these devices are ready, the surgeon sits at a console, located inside the operating room, from which the robot is controlled. There is usually a surgical assistant at the bedside who makes adjustments to the camera or surgical tools as required by the surgeon.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

What is the goal of lumbar stenosis surgery?
Dr. Don Y. Park, MDDr. Don Y. Park, MD
The goal of lumbar stenosis surgery is to remove thickened bone and ligaments that are compressing t...
Is spine surgery safe?
Dr. Arya Nick Shamie, MDDr. Arya Nick Shamie, MD
Spine surgery has become a very safe and controlled procedure that can get people back to their life...
How do I prepare for a Wada test if I have diabetes?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
The following are special instructions for taking the Wada test (a routine procedure for patient...
What happens before face transplant surgery?
Before face transplant surgery, face transplant candidates go through an extensive screening process...