Dehiscence of a surgical incision is not too uncommon. Causes of incisions opening may include infection, contamination, poor blood supply or avascular necrosis of the underlying tissue. We have our patients keep the plastic surgery incision site dry for up to one week, maintain them on oral antibiotics, and change gauze dressing at least twice a day.
- Q What is the Smith Petersen Approach?
- Q What happens during the pre-operative phase before lung surgery?
- Q Who is a candidate for hand transplant surgery?
- Q What is the future of simulated surgery?
- Q When should I call my doctor after nasal surgery?
- Q What is a pancreatic enucleation procedure?