Dehiscence of a surgical incision is not too uncommon. Causes of incisions opening may include infection, contamination, poor blood supply or avascular necrosis of the underlying tissue. We have our patients keep the plastic surgery incision site dry for up to one week, maintain them on oral antibiotics, and change gauze dressing at least twice a day.
- Q What are some procedures where robotics can be applied?
- Q What percentage of surgeries are performed in a doctor's office?
- Q Does the deep brain stimulator’s battery ever have to be replaced?
- Q How is endoscopic skull base surgery performed?
- Q How do statins promote wound healing following surgery?
- Q What are benefits of robotic surgery for urologic disorders?