Dehiscence of a surgical incision is not too uncommon. Causes of incisions opening may include infection, contamination, poor blood supply or avascular necrosis of the underlying tissue. We have our patients keep the plastic surgery incision site dry for up to one week, maintain them on oral antibiotics, and change gauze dressing at least twice a day.
- Q How should I care for a surgical wound?
- Q What are the potential benefits of nasal surgery?
- Q Are there exercises I should do prior to foot or ankle surgery?
- Q What is morcellation?
- Q What does deep brain stimulation involve?
- Q What are my patient rights if I'm having outpatient surgery?