How will my surgeon decide if VATS is right for me?

Raja M. Flores, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)

A surgeon will evaluate patients for video assisted thoracic surgery for lung cancer based on survivability. In this video, Raja Flores, MD, thoracic surgeon at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains what other factors will go into the decision.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Tips to Help You Prepare for Surgery
Tips to Help You Prepare for Surgery
According to sports psychologist John Murray, PhD., the more success an athlete has achieved, the more likely it is that he or she will experience dep...
Is the deep brain stimulator system visible after surgery?
Nader Pouratian, MDNader Pouratian, MD
Just like a pacemaker is implanted in the chest and it’s under the skin, the deep brain stimulator s...
What are advantages for a patient to have robotic vs. laparoscopic surgery?
St. Petersburg General HospitalSt. Petersburg General Hospital
Robotic surgeries allow for more precise surgical work.
What Type of Plastic Surgeries Can Be Combined?