How do statins promote wound healing following surgery?

Normal wound healing involves a series of phases that ultimately leads to a scar. Many things can affect this process and it’s difficult to determine exactly how statins might improve wound healing. It would appear, however, that statins influence a number of factors in the inflammatory response, and some statins are better at it than others.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Tips to Help You Prepare for Surgery
Tips to Help You Prepare for Surgery
According to sports psychologist John Murray, PhD., the more success an athlete has achieved, the more likely it is that he or she will experience dep...
Is percutaneous nucleoplasty safe and effective?
Percutaneous nucleoplasty is a minimally invasive procedure for persistent lower back pain, which av...
What is endoscopic mucosal resection?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Our surgeons treat patients with very early esophageal cancer with endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR...
What Factors Should I Consider When Having Multiple Plastic Surgeries?