How do I prepare for ACDF the night before surgery?

You will be admitted to the hospital on the day of the anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) surgery (a surgery to treat damaged or worn disks in your neck). As you get ready to enter the hospital:
  • Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the surgery.
  • Prepare a list of all your current medications and bring it with you to the hospital. This includes over-the-counter medications and vitamins.
  • Expect to fill out some paperwork once you get to the hospital. This may include a consent form for the surgery.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Scared About Surgery? Here’s How to Ease the Fear
You might be surprised by the power a Popsicle can wield when it comes to reassuring kids who need surgery. That’s a tip from Alexander Soutter, MD, ...
What will my child's scars be like after surgery?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Most scarring after surgery is minimal—especially in minimally invasive procedures—but each person s...
How should I prepare for spine surgery?
Los Robles Hospital & Medical CenterLos Robles Hospital & Medical Center
Prior to your spine surgery your doctor may order one or more of the following tests: blood work, el...
Is Disk Replacement Safe?
Is Disk Replacement Safe?