How is nasal-septal reconstruction performed?

To repair the septum, the surgeon makes an incision (cut) inside your nose to separate the nasal lining from the cartilage and bone. The surgeon then trims or straightens the bent cartilage. Sometimes splints are attached to hold the septum in place. If so, they will be removed about a week after surgery.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Busting Organ Donation Myths
Busting Organ Donation Myths
This summer Jeni Stepien walked down the aisle in Swissvale, PA, arm-in-arm with the man whose life was saved 10 years ago by her murdered father’s do...
What are the benefits of robotic surgery in treating pelvic organ prolapse?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
Robotic surgery for pelvic organ prolapse has a high success rate with shorter hospital stays. The p...
What should I know before I have surgery?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
As with any type of medical procedure, surgery patients often have a lot of questions for their doct...
Is Disk Replacement Safe?
Is Disk Replacement Safe?