How long does the surgery to remove the adrenals take?

The length of time spent in surgery for adrenalectomy can vary greatly. On average, both laparoscopic and open operations last approximately 1.5-3 hours; however, the procedure can be longer depending on a variety of factors. Your surgeon will discuss this with you at the time of your appointment and provide you with a more accurate estimate based on the specifics of your case.

For more information go the endocrinediseases.org: Adrenal Glands: How is adrenal surgery performed?

http://endocrinediseases.org/adrenal/surgery.shtml

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

What You Need to Know About Anesthesia
What You Need to Know About Anesthesia
If you’re planning to undergo surgery or a medical procedure in the near future, you probably have questions. People often wonder if their procedure w...
What are the types of minimally invasive surgery?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
One type of minimally invasive surgery is laparoscopy, which uses a tube with a light and a camera l...
Is there research that supports spine surgery over conservative care?
Dr. Hooman M. Melamed, MDDr. Hooman M. Melamed, MD
Yes, particularly in cases where patients have progressive and disabling scoliosis or severe spinal ...
What Factors Should I Consider When Having Multiple Plastic Surgeries?