How is endoscopy used in foot surgery?

Christopher Chiodo, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Endoscopy is a procedure that uses a lighted scope called an endoscope to show the inside of a body cavity. In foot surgery, it is most often used for an operation to release the plantar fascia  in treating plantar fasciitis. It may also be used to treat Morton's neuroma.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

Scared About Surgery? Here’s How to Ease the Fear
You might be surprised by the power a Popsicle can wield when it comes to reassuring kids who need surgery. That’s a tip from Alexander Soutter, MD, ...
When can I return to work after spinal nerve decompression surgery?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Expect to be off work at least several days to weeks after spinal nerve decompression surgery (a sur...
What care is required after stapedectomy surgery?
Eric E. Smouha, MDEric E. Smouha, MD
Hearing usually starts to return about a week after surgery and can continue to improve for up to th...
What Factors Should I Consider When Having Multiple Plastic Surgeries?