How can a doctor see how to do surgery when there is so much blood?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
During surgery us surgeons control the bleeding either with a burning or coagulation device or by hand ligation of larger vessels. There should be minimal blood loss during surgery and a Board Certified surgeon is trained and experienced to prevent hemorrhage. During the operation tissue is released and dissected and bleeding is reduced in a controlled manner. In some surgeries where blood loss may be greater due to vascular tissues, autologous blood products may be placed on hold for necessary transfusion purposes.

Continue Learning about Surgical Procedures

What You Need to Know About Anesthesia
What You Need to Know About Anesthesia
If you’re planning to undergo surgery or a medical procedure in the near future, you probably have questions. People often wonder if their procedure w...
What is a surgical biopsy?
Daniel A. Nader, DODaniel A. Nader, DO
Surgical biopsies include removing the entire mass or tumor from the lung in lung cancer. This allow...
How can I explain to my child what happens on the day of surgery?
Alliance For Kids®Alliance For Kids®
To explain to your child what happens on the day of surgery, tell your child the following: On th...
What Factors Should I Consider When Having Multiple Plastic Surgeries?