How much sun exposure constitutes enough for sunscreen wear?

Anytime your skin is exposed to the sun, it's at risk. Anytime your skin will be uncovered and in the sun, you should protect it with sunscreen. Even short time periods, such as a quick walk, can increase your risk of developing skin diseases.

Continue Learning about Sunburn Prevention

The New Science of Sun Protection
The New Science of Sun Protection
Got a love-hate relationship with your sunscreen? You’re not alone. We plunk down nearly $400 million a year on sun-care products in bottles, cans, tu...
Why are most sun protection products so greasy and sticky?
The sunscreens that tend to be sticky are those that are labeled "water resistant" or "very wate...
How do I protect myself if I need to be in the sun during peak hours?
If you have to be in the sun during its peak hours (from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.), protect yourself ...
Can a Sunburn Be Prevented?
Can a Sunburn Be Prevented?