How long can I be in the sun before my skin will burn?

Everyone's skin burns at a different rate. And how fast you'll burn can depend on a number of factors, including the time of day, the strength of sunscreen you're wearing and your complexion. You should keep in mind, however, that skin can burn within minutes when UV radiation levels are high.

Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing to safeguard your skin from the sun's harmful rays.

Continue Learning about Sunburn Prevention

Are Your Meds Making You More Prone to Sunburn?
If you take certain medicines, you may also want to take some extra precautions before heading out into the sun. That’s because some drugs have the li...
What protection ingredients protect against both UVA and UVB?
Certain sunscreen ingredients protect against both UVA and UVB radiation. These include oxybenzo...
How much sun exposure constitutes enough for sunscreen wear?
Anytime your skin is exposed to the sun, it's at risk. Anytime your skin will be uncovered and in th...
Can a Sunburn Be Prevented?
Can a Sunburn Be Prevented?