What are sunscreens?

Sunscreens are topical agents used to protect the skin from sunburn. Sunscreens may also help prevent other forms of skin damage from the sun, including skin cancer and premature wrinkling.

Brand names of sunscreens include Coppertone, Presun, Bullfrog, Neutrogena, Deeptan, A-Fil, Sundown, Hawaiian Tropic, and Hydroquinone Skin Bleaching with Sunscreens.  The products are available in various forms, including lip balm, liquid, stick, lotion, cream, oil, spray, pad, gel, and ointment.

Continue Learning about Sun Care

Ways to Keep Your Skin Safe
Ways to Keep Your Skin Safe
Tom Brady may be the winningest QB in NFL history (207 wins over 19 years) but that doesn’t make him infallible. In his 2017 audaciously-titled book, ...
Should I tell my doctor I am using sunscreens?
If you have a skin condition or any other condition that is affected by exposure to sunlight, ta...
6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii
6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii
From sunburns to melasma, here's how to beat the heat. Hot, humid, tropical weather can lead to major skin problems. Too much time in the sun can caus...
Can Sunburns Be Prevented?
Can Sunburns Be Prevented?