My skin is dull and sun damaged, what can be done?

Tara Whitworth
Nursing
If your skin is dull and sun damaged, you might consider a resurfacing treatment. Skin resurfacing refers to the removal of the top layer of skin to reveal the healthier skin underneath. This is useful in treating wrinkles, scars, dark spots, and other effects of sun and aging. There are several different skin resurfacing techniques, including laser treatments, dermabrasion, and chemical peels. Your physician can help you determine the technique that is right for you.

Continue Learning about Sun Care

What should I do to keep my skin safe at the beach?
Skin health is very important, especially while at the beach. In order to protect your skin whil...
Should I tell my doctor I am using sunscreens?
If you have a skin condition or any other condition that is affected by exposure to sunlight, ta...
Can lycopene help protect skin from sun damage?
By now you know the importance of wearing sunscreen to protect yourself from sun damage that can l...
What are the risks of sun exposure for children?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
Solar radiation is hazardous for children. Rates of skin cancer in the United States have been r...