Should I use a sunscreen that contains the insect repellant DEET?

it is strongly recommended that you don’t use a product which combines a sunscreen with an insect repellent containing the compound DEET. DEET is a very effective chemical used in many insect repellents, it does not need to be reapplied as often as sunscreen should, and if too much is applied it can have adverse health effects. Therefore, if using sunscreen and insect repellent in conjunction, use two separate products, applying the sunscreen first, followed by the repellent.

Continue Learning about Sun Care

Can Music Therapy Help Ease Parkinson's Symptoms?
When Michael J. Fox rocked out on Johnny B. Goode with Cold Play during a concert at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium in July 2016 it was wonderful to hea...
How can I use sunscreen effectively to protect my skin?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
How to use sunscreen effectively: 1. Apply sunscreen daily at least 20 minutes before sun exposur...
6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii
6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii
From sunburns to melasma, here's how to beat the heat.
Why Is the Use of Sunscreen More Imperative Than Ever for Healthy Skin?