Should I tell my doctor I am using sunscreens?

If you have a skin condition or any other condition that is affected by exposure to sunlight, talk with your doctor about the effects of using sunscreens.

Talk with your doctor about any topical medications you use and any allergies you have, including allergies to sunscreen ingredients, acetazolamide, sulfonamides, diabetes drugs, diuretics, and any other medications.

Also, talk with your doctor if you have any concerns about side effects or drug interactions from using sunscreens.

Continue Learning about Sun Care

Sun Care

Sun Care

Proper sun care is essential because of wrinkles and dangers like melanoma. Experts estimate that more than 90 percent of skin cancers stem from overexposure to tanning beds and the suns ultraviolet radiation. Wear protective clot...

hing and sunscreen outdoors, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the suns rays are strongest. Choose a sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 15 or higher. Apply about 15 to 30 minutes before going outside, then reapply every two hours.