Do men need to wear sunscreen?

Everyone, including men, should wear sunscreen. In 2009, nearly twice as many American men died from melanoma as women. Surveys show that 34% of men wear sunscreens, compared to 78% of women. Wear sunscreen whenever you're in the sun to reduce your cumulative lifetime exposure to damaging UV radiation.

Continue Learning about Sun Care

Ways to Keep Your Skin Safe
Ways to Keep Your Skin Safe
Tom Brady may be the winningest QB in NFL history (207 wins over 19 years) but that doesn’t make him infallible. In his 2017 audaciously-titled book, ...
When should I wear sunglasses?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Sunglasses not only protect your eyes, but they also keep the sun away from the delicate skin around...
How can I choose clothing that will protect me from the sun?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
The tightness of the weave, the weight, type of fiber, color, and amount of skin covered all aff...
Are Waterproof Sunscreens Effective?
Are Waterproof Sunscreens Effective?