Do men need to wear sunscreen?

Everyone, including men, should wear sunscreen. In 2009, nearly twice as many American men died from melanoma as women. Surveys show that 34% of men wear sunscreens, compared to 78% of women. Wear sunscreen whenever you're in the sun to reduce your cumulative lifetime exposure to damaging UV radiation.

Continue Learning about Sun Care

What are the risks of sun exposure for children?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
Solar radiation is hazardous for children. Rates of skin cancer in the United States have been r...
Should I tell my doctor I am using sunscreens?
If you have a skin condition or any other condition that is affected by exposure to sunlight, ta...
Is it dangerous to put sunscreen on my infant?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
I too have always read and believed that you shouldn't apply sunscreen to an infant's skin before th...
Is risk of skin cancer the main reason for wearing sunscreen?
Preventing skin cancer is a very important reason to wear sunscreen. But too much exposure to the su...