Why is alcohol whipped cream dangerous for teens?

Michele Borba
There is a new whipped cream product called "whipohol" or "alcoholic whipped cream" that is sold in stores. The cream is infused with 15 percent alcohol. Though the cream may seem tame, what concerns substance abuse counselors is that younger kids are partaking, and the earlier a child has their first drink the more likely the problem for substance abuse later.

Dangers: The alcoholic taste is concealed with a cream and sugary sweetness taste so alcohol abuse is easy. Too much or any alcohol, especially on a younger body and brain, can have deadly consequences.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse In Teens

Should I worry about my 13 year old drinking alcohol?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Absolutely you should be worried. First of all it is illegal for a thirteen year old to consume alco...
What are different ways that teens get high on marijuana?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Marijuana use among teens is on the rise. The study by the Partnership at Drugfree.org, sponsore...
The Designer Drug More Potent Than Cocaine
How to Protect Children From Designer Drugs