How can I tell if my child is abusing inhalants?

Michele Borba
Watch for missing or empty chemical containers left around the house or in the garbage. The abuser often has symptoms such as drunken-like appearance, glassy eyes, chemical smell on clothing or breath, slurred speech, or restlessness, nervousness or mood swings.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse In Teens

Why is marijuana dangerous for teens?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Marijuana is the most commonly abused illegal drug by teens. Do note the word "illegal" -- a rec...
How do drugs and alcohol affect a teen's social development?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
The primary impact is on the brain. Introducing alcohol and drugs into the body of an adolescent has...
The Health Risks of Taking Flakka
The Health Risks of Taking Flakka
The Designer Drug More Potent Than Cocaine