Cultures that value older people and see them as a source of guidance and wisdom don't have the same rate of problems with substance and alcohol abuse among the older population as do societies that discard the elderly. Indeed, cultures that have less subdivision between generations and between genders generally are much less prone to problems with addiction.
- Q What are mind-body treatments for people with drug addictions?
- Q How can self-soothing behavior help with an addiction?
- Q Should I take medication to help me quit an addiction?
- Q How do I know if I'm ready to get treatment for my addiction?
- Q Should I go to therapy for my addiction?
- Q What medications are used to treat opioid addiction?