Cultures that value older people and see them as a source of guidance and wisdom don't have the same rate of problems with substance and alcohol abuse among the older population as do societies that discard the elderly. Indeed, cultures that have less subdivision between generations and between genders generally are much less prone to problems with addiction.
- Q Should mental health problems and addiction be treated together?
- Q If I'm addicted to sedatives, how can I quit taking them?
- Q How do I quit if I often take prescription pain killers/tranquilizers?
- Q How is drug addiction treated?
- Q How do doctors decide if one should be treated with methadone or suboxone?
- Q What can be done about opiate cravings after treatment?