Cultures that value older people and see them as a source of guidance and wisdom don't have the same rate of problems with substance and alcohol abuse among the older population as do societies that discard the elderly. Indeed, cultures that have less subdivision between generations and between genders generally are much less prone to problems with addiction.
- Q How do I know if I'm ready to get treatment for my addiction?
- Q How do doctors decide if one should be treated with methadone or suboxone?
- Q What is partial hospitalization drug/alcohol treatment?
- Q What are the risks of doing an addiction intervention?
- Q If I'm addicted to sedatives, how can I quit taking them?
- Q What can be done about opiate cravings after treatment?