Cultures that value older people and see them as a source of guidance and wisdom don't have the same rate of problems with substance and alcohol abuse among the older population as do societies that discard the elderly. Indeed, cultures that have less subdivision between generations and between genders generally are much less prone to problems with addiction.
- Q How can harm reduction therapy help a person with an addiction?
- Q How do I find an addiction treatment that will work for me?
- Q What is residential drug/alcohol treatment?
- Q What is contingency management?
- Q Should I seek professional help when setting up an addiction intervention?
- Q What is the matrix model of psychotherapy for addiction?