Cultures that value older people and see them as a source of guidance and wisdom don't have the same rate of problems with substance and alcohol abuse among the older population as do societies that discard the elderly. Indeed, cultures that have less subdivision between generations and between genders generally are much less prone to problems with addiction.
- Q How can I get treatment for dual diagnosis?
- Q How is addiction treated?
- Q What is residential drug/alcohol treatment?
- Q How does mindfulness-based cognitive therapy help treat addiction?
- Q Should I go to therapy for my addiction?
- Q What are the risks of doing an addiction intervention?