Cultures that value older people and see them as a source of guidance and wisdom don't have the same rate of problems with substance and alcohol abuse among the older population as do societies that discard the elderly. Indeed, cultures that have less subdivision between generations and between genders generally are much less prone to problems with addiction.
- Q What are the risks of doing an addiction intervention?
- Q What is individualized counseling for addiction?
- Q Are their different addiction treatment plans for women and men?
- Q What can be done about opiate cravings after treatment?
- Q How is addiction treated?
- Q What is the matrix model of psychotherapy for addiction?