Cultures that value older people and see them as a source of guidance and wisdom don't have the same rate of problems with substance and alcohol abuse among the older population as do societies that discard the elderly. Indeed, cultures that have less subdivision between generations and between genders generally are much less prone to problems with addiction.
- Q What happens in an addiction intervention?
- Q Can I do all of my addiction therapy in one program?
- Q How does mindfulness-based cognitive therapy help treat addiction?
- Q How can I get treatment for dual diagnosis?
- Q What kind of counseling works for people with addictions?
- Q How does cognitive behavioral therapy help treat addiction?