Cultures that value older people and see them as a source of guidance and wisdom don't have the same rate of problems with substance and alcohol abuse among the older population as do societies that discard the elderly. Indeed, cultures that have less subdivision between generations and between genders generally are much less prone to problems with addiction.
- Q How can I overcome an addiction?
- Q How can I help someone who is addicted to drugs?
- Q Why must I have a good relationship with my addiction treatment therapist?
- Q What are the stages of change in addiction treatment?
- Q How can self-soothing behavior help with an addiction?
- Q How effective is motivational enhancement therapy at treating addiction?