Cultures that value older people and see them as a source of guidance and wisdom don't have the same rate of problems with substance and alcohol abuse among the older population as do societies that discard the elderly. Indeed, cultures that have less subdivision between generations and between genders generally are much less prone to problems with addiction.
- Q What is intensive outpatient programming for drug/alcohol treatment?
- Q Can I overcome an addiction on my own?
- Q How can I get treatment for dual diagnosis?
- Q What is partial hospitalization drug/alcohol treatment?
- Q What medications can help treat sedative addiction?
- Q What are mind-body treatments for people with drug addictions?