What's the best way to handle an addiction?

Dr. Mike Dow, PsyD
Addiction Medicine
If you or someone you love is affected by addiction, OCD or hoarding, the best treatment is usually a combination of medication and cognitive-behavioral therapy. It doesn't matter if your addiction is smoking rock or collecting them. If it's preventing you from living the life you want to be living, get help today.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Know the Signs: Opioid Addiction
Know the Signs: Opioid Addiction
There were nearly 2 million people addicted to prescription opioid painkillers in the US in 2014 (the latest year for which data are available), and m...
What do I do if I have a drug or alcohol problem?
Fredrick WadeFredrick Wade
If you are asking the question, you have made an important first step by acknowledging there may be ...
Can I be an alcoholic even if I don't drink hard liquor?
You can be an alcoholic even if you don't drink hard liquor. Alcoholism has little to do with the ki...
Understanding Addiction and Addictive Behavior