What's the best way to handle an addiction?

Dr. Mike Dow, PsyD
Addiction Medicine
If you or someone you love is affected by addiction, OCD or hoarding, the best treatment is usually a combination of medication and cognitive-behavioral therapy. It doesn't matter if your addiction is smoking rock or collecting them. If it's preventing you from living the life you want to be living, get help today.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Surprising Reasons for Your Hangover, According to Science
Whether you're having beers with a buddy or celebrating Wine Wednesday with your BFFs, a choice beverage can help make for a memorable evening. The po...
5 Ways to Beat Symptoms of Opioid Withdrawal
Quitting a heroin or prescription opioid addiction is a brave and commendable decision; it’s also incredibly difficult. But you don’t have to do it co...
Can only younger people develop addictions?
Dr. Timothy W. Fong, MDDr. Timothy W. Fong, MD
Addiction is a developmental disease. It starts early in life. If you don't develop an addiction by ...
Are drugs of abuse more likely to harm me as I get older?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Neuroscientists speculate that changes in brain chemistry and function that come with aging alte...