What should I do if I'm trying to quit smokeless tobacco?

If you’re quitting smokeless tobacco:

• You may experience salt cravings in addition to nicotine cravings because of the large amount of sodium in smokeless tobacco. Don’t confuse the salt craving with nicotine craving. Try chewing some sunflower seeds or jerky.

• You may miss having something in your mouth. Have a few different “substitutes” on hand. Try gum, hard candy, sunflower seeds, or even mint leaf or herbal snuff.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Why Addiction Relapses Happen
Why Addiction Relapses Happen
For someone who is experiencing drug or alcohol addiction, the real fight is staying clean. In fact, the National Institute on Drug Abuse estimates th...
Is the use of prescription painkillers on the rise?
The supply of prescription painkillers is larger than ever. In fact, the quantity of prescription pa...
What do narcotics do to the body?
Narcotics act on the nervous and digestive systems in the body to control pain, relieve diarrhea and...
What Common Addiction Behaviors Fascinate You?