Should I talk to my doctor about nicotine addiction?

A doctor can help you set up a plan to quit and teach you the effects of smoking. Nicotine addiction is connected to many harmful diseases in virtually every organ of the body. Additionally, cigarette smoking is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Although some people can quit smoking without help, a doctor can help you to find the products and programs that work best for you.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Ask the Experts: Preventing a Relapse
Ask the Experts: Preventing a Relapse
Once you transitioned off of opioids, there is still work to be done. Watch Dr. Oz explain tips for avoiding a relapse of opioid use, along with steps...
Why is it dangerous to use methamphetamine during pregnancy?
Methamphetamine use during pregnancy can increase the mother's blood pressure and heart rate. This c...
Why do people become addicted to painkillers?
Dr. Timothy W. Fong, MDDr. Timothy W. Fong, MD
Most people who are prescribed prescription opioids take them in a safe and reliable fashion. It is ...
What Are the Signs of Drug Addiction?
What Are the Signs of Drug Addiction?