What do I say if my partner is a sex addict?

Joe Kort
Joe Kort on behalf of Good In Bed
Even if you feel betrayed, sex addicts don’t deliberately try to hurt their partners. This is a compulsion. Don’t shame your partner. Instead, say, “I feel hurt,” or “I’m worried about our relationship.” This is something both of you must work on together. Seek out a couples therapist experienced in treating sex addiction.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Ask the Experts: How to Help Someone With an Opioid Addiction
If you have a loved one who is affected by opioid addiction, you are not alone. Learn about opioid use disorder, opioid withdrawal symptoms and how to...
How common is substance abuse among veterans?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
According to the Drug Policy Alliance, 19 percent of Iraq and Afghanistan War veterans receiving VA ...
What is Sizzurp?
Paul  Hokemeyer, PhDPaul Hokemeyer, PhD
Made famous by Justin Beiber, Three 6 Mafia and Lil' Wayne, "Sizzurp" (or "Lean" or "Purple Drink") ...
What Are Risk Factors for Addiction?
What Are Risk Factors for Addiction?