How do I know if I am enabling someone?

Enabling is when you are trying to help someone when, in fact, you are doing the opposite. In this video, Dr. Oz  talks to 700-lb. Colleen and her enabling mother.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Side Effects of Opioid Medication
Side Effects of Opioid Medication
Opioids—a class of drug that includes oxycodone, hydrocodone and codeine, as well as heroin, morphine and fentanyl—may knock out the pain, but they ca...
Why are older women at a greater risk for substance use disorders?
Older women are at greater risk for substance use disorders in part because tolerance levels decreas...
What are the health consequences of cocaine abuse?
The health consequences of cocaine abuse are: irregular heartbeat, heart attack and heart failure...
How Is Addiction Treated?
How Is Addiction Treated?