How do I know if I am enabling someone?

Enabling is when you are trying to help someone when, in fact, you are doing the opposite. In this video, Dr. Oz  talks to 700-lb. Colleen and her enabling mother.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Drug That Reverses Heroin Overdose
Drug That Reverses Heroin Overdose
Heroin and prescription opioid abuse and overdoses have soared in recent years. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), alm...
What is withdrawal?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Withdrawal refers to a range of typical symptoms that vary depending on the substance or activit...
Do smoking and drinking alcohol make me more likely to get sick?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Cigarette and cigar smokers tend to get more severe colds, flus and they get them more frequently. S...
What are some behavioral signs of substance abuse?
George JosephGeorge Joseph
Behavioral signs of substance abuse:• Lack of motivation and performance in school or at work• Sudde...